General practitioners in Australia refer patients to physiotherapists more than any other health profession. A vast portion of our clients usually come to see us after a referral from their doctor, or a friend, but they’re not always aware of how physiotherapy can help them with their problem. So what exactly do physiotherapists do?
- We optimise function and independence for you to be able to perform your daily tasks without pain
- We have inside out knowledge of how the body functions so we can properly assess and treat appropriately
- We work within our scope of practice, meaning that we’re aware of when to refer to other health professionals so that you can achieve your goals, whatever they may be
- We will prescribe appropriate exercises to help you achieve this and make sure you can do them properly by often helping you with in-house rehabilitation or by prescribing home care.
The needs we address:
Everyone benefits from physiotherapy at some point in their lives, and it is well known that people are increasingly seeking physiotherapists for help when taking control of their health and wellbeing. We assist with:
- Back and Neck pain
- All sporting injuries such as knees, shoulders and ankles whether they just happened on the field yesterday or have been building up for a while
- Motor Vehicle Accident Recovery
- Other joint disorders such as hip impingement and pelvic girdle pain
- Pre and post surgery rehabilitation
- Osteoarthritis and other joint disorders such as ankylosing spondylitis and joint hypermobility conditions
- Women’s and men’s health physiotherapy including pregnancy related pain and education
- Post Natal Recovery
- TMJ disorders
- Sports performance optimisation
- Scoliosis – Physiotherapeutic Scoliosis Specific Exercise (the only evidence based form of treatment of Scoliosis- ONLY available at Bodyworks’ partner clinic Perth Scoliosis Clinic
What service you will receive from a Bodyworks physiotherapist:
Each session is unique to your needs and your health condition, with treatment depending on this and also our scope of practice. However, what you should typically expect from us is:
- A subjective assessment, where we will listen about your injury and your pain
- An objective/physical assessment, where we will assess for any impairments associated with your pain with special tests specific to your conditions including such things as real time ultrasound or functional movement analysis.
- A devised treatment plan based on your goals – whether it’s to address your pain, maintain mobility or run a marathon, your lifestyle, activities and general health. This will include manual therapy, home care and education on how to best manage your condition.
- Provision of appropriate exercise rehabilitation to optimise your physiotherapy treatment and put you in charge of your health!
All of our Bodyworks physiotherapists are be happy to listen and help you with whatever you need. Book in to see one of our physiotherapists today so that you can reach your goals. You can book online or call one of our lovely receptionists on 9381 5565.